In regard to handling of personal information provided by Guests of ACT HOTEL (hereinafter referred to as the “Hotel”), Act Realty Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) provides the following explanations based on the rules in Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as “Act”).
1.Compliance with Related Laws and Ordinances
We agree to establish a person in charge of managing the handling of personal information and comply with laws and other related ordinances and regulation as well as guidelines provided by competent government agencies.
2.Proper acquisition of personal information
- The Hotel will acquire personal information through legal and fair means. Even when indirectly collecting personal information from a third party, we will not acquire the information if there is any suspicion that the personal information was obtained through improper means.
The Hotel deals with transactions related to Hotel facilities/products (accommodation, food and beverages, sale of goods, provision/sales of supplementary products, provision of services, etc) and other transactions (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "transactions, etc.”) and through these transactions, shall acquire personal information by the following methods:
- Directly from an individual
Such as by telephone, Internet, word of mouth, business cards, documents, etc.
- From an individual who has been given proper authorization to disclose personal information
Such as applicants, introducers, travel agents, and operators of businesses that handle travel package products.
- By public information
Such as newspapers, the Internet, phone books, magazines and other publications.
- Directly from an individual
- The personal information acquired by the hotel includes names, place of work, home and work addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, gender, as well as requests related to guest rooms, etc., and destinations before and/or after their stay set forth by laws, ordinances, etc.
3.Purpose of Use
The Hotel will use personal information only to the extent necessary for achieving the following purpose of use, except for cases set forth in laws and ordinances.
- To make reservations and for utilizing the Hotel as well as to provide various information and services.
- To provide various information and services for membership to our Hotel.
- Survey analysis for customer trend analysis, product development, etc. to provide information/services for A and B above.
- Sales and marketing activities by invitations through visits, direct mail, phone/fax/email, etc. to provide information/services for A and B above.
- Work incidental to operations/administration of A and B above.
- Providing or sharing personal information with a third party within the scope required to achieve the Purpose of Use for A and B above.
4.Management of Personal Information
The Hotel shall thoroughly and completely manage the personal information provided by Guests in the following manner.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the information
All efforts will be made to ensure the information provided by Guests is always accurate and up to date.
- Safety Control Measures
Regarding management of organizational personal information, the Hotel shall establish strict handling methods in accordance with internal regulations to thoroughly and completely handle the information based on the methods.
- Supervision of Workers
The Hotel strictly implements application of personal information handling rules based on company regulations.
- Supervision of Contractors
When contracting the handling of personal information to outside entities, it is only outsourced to contractors who satisfy the requirements in accordance with Company regulations, and shall be appropriately managed.
- Retention Period and Disposal
A retention period shall be set for information provided by Guests and the information shall be disposed of at the end of the retention period. If the information is no longer required, the information will be promptly disposed of even if the retention period has not ended.
5.Provisioning to Third Parties
The Company shall not provide personal information provided by Guests to a third party. In addition, in the event of a situation in the future where the information is to be provided to a third party, the information to be provided and the purpose of disclosure will be presented to the Guest and will be provided to a third party only when consent is obtained from the Guest.
In addition, the Hotel may entrust personal information to other businesses within the scope necessary for achieving the Purpose of Use.
6.Management of Personal Information
The database in which the personal information of customers using this website is registered is protected by a mechanism (a firewall) that prevents access from the outside. In addition, an encrypted information communication method (SSL) is used to send and receive personal information through the Internet from Guests.
7.Access Logs (Records)
This website records access logs to collect information such as the number of users, etc. Access logs include domain names and IP addresses, however, they do not include any information that could identify individuals.
In addition, access logs are used for statistical analysis concerning maintenance management and website usage, and are not used for other purposes.
9.Procedures Concerning Disclosure, Etc. of Retained Personal Data
- When requesting notification of the purpose of use (Act Article 24, Paragraph 2), disclosure (Article 25, Paragraph 1), correction/addition/deletion of content (Article 26, Paragraph 1), as well as the suspension of use or deletion (Article 27, Paragraph 1) and suspension of providing information to a third party (Article 27, Paragraph 2), in relation to personal information retained by the Hotel, submit the request form designated by the Company along with identification (driver’s license, address registration original or copy, etc) to prove identity beforehand by mail or directly to the Company. In addition, if the request is made by a proxy, submit proof of identification of the proxy (power of attorney, family register certificate/extract) as well.
- To protect privacy, replies from the Hotel shall, as a general rule, be directed to the individual making the request (not a proxy). Therefore, note that even if the request is made by a proxy, replies may be sent directly to the individual making the request.
- If you have any questions and/or complaints regarding the Hotel’s handling of personal information please contact the following:
Handler: Act Realty Inc. Personal Information Contact
Address: Shinjuku 6-12-8, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Act Plaza Shinjuku 2F
Phone no: 03-6435-2788(Weekdays 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
10.Continued Improvement of Personal Information Protection
In addition to developing internal regulations on personal information, the Hotel will continuously review these items and make efforts to improve them.